Friday, November 4, 2011

Now It's Rainy and Sad.

As we make our way into November, the weather has made the switch from Summer to Winter. What do I mean by this? Well, where I live, there is really no Spring or Fall, juts Summer (hot, dry, etc.) and Winter (Cold, Wet, etc.) I, being the summer person that I am, have always enjoyed the transition into winter, but at the same time, I can't help but wish it was still warm and dry outside.

This becomes especially apparent when it starts to rain. I dislike the rain, not for any reason in particular, I just think it's rather annoying to have to deal with. (Now that I think about it though, that really IS a particular reason.) Anyways, I have become used to this feeling I get every fall of a sort of sadness, but it is countered by another, almost cozy feeling, like I can just huddle up with a blanket, some hot chocolate and a good book, and be transported to another world altogether.

All in all, I like and dislike the winter weather simultaneously, but I think the good outweighs the bad and, when all is said and done, I think the winter/fall season is one of the most exciting times of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment