Sunday, November 1, 2015

Nanowrimo 2015 (Or Zero Draft Thirty for us screenwriter types)

Alright. So, you may have heard of Nanowrimo, an annual event utilizing the internet to bring novelists together in the effort to write the first draft of a novel in 30 days (the number of days in November.) Speaking of which, Nanowrimo is an acronym of sorts, it stands for National Novel Writing Month. But I am not a novelist, but why let that stop me from participating?

Exactly. I just saw a Facebook post from a friend of mine talking about Zero Draft Thirty, the same concept but for screenwriters. Now, I am not a screenwriter either, however I am a filmmaker and would love to explore more about the screenwriting process, as, after all, scripts are really important for film making. Like, really, really, really important.

So, if I'm going to make a film, I need a script, so why not start one this November for Zero Draft Thirty? Yes, this seems like a great idea. Oh, right, I need to think of a story. Shoot, this might be more difficult than I thought. Anyways, I will try, and we'll see what happens! I will be making some videos on my YouTube channel on this topic as well, so feel free to follow my progress over there as well. (I will post the first video as an update to this post once I have filmed it.)

For more info on this project, check out: https://gointothestory.blcklst.com/2015/10/zero-draft-thirty-write-a-script-in-a-month-challenge.html

Thanks all! Talk soon :)
- David

No comments:

Post a Comment