Sunday, December 31, 2017

My Favorite Songs of 2017

I know it has been a minute since my last post, but as we enter the new year (2018) I figured I would once again break out the the old typewriter (although not literally, of course!) and re-discover the wonderful world of blogging.

Here are my top 10 songs of 2017
-- In no specific order --

NOTE: I held myself to a limit of one song per artist/band, and in order to be considered a 2017 song, the song had to be on an album that was released in 2017. Some singles that were released late last year but are set to be on 2018 albums will be considered for next year's top 10.


Grudges
by Paramore
from the album 'After Laughter'

Perfect Places
by Lorde
from the album 'Melodrama'

Saint
by Vérité
from the album 'Somewhere In Between'

Good Day
by Yellow Claw (ft. DJ Snake and Elephant)
from the album 'Los Amsterdam'

Run for Cover
by The Killers
from the album 'Wonderful Wonderful'

Fior de Late
by Phoenix
from the album 'Ti Amo'

We Were Here
by Lights
from the album 'Skin & Earth'

Static Space Lover
by Foster the People
from the album 'Sacred Hearts Club'

The Gold
by Manchester Orchestra
from the album 'A Black Mile to the Surface'

Hey K
by Passion Pit
from the album 'Tremendous Sea of Love'

And thus rounds out my top 10 songs of 2017. I can say with certainty that I am excited for the 2018 musical rollercoaster that I am sure is just around the corner, and I will be eagerly awaiting more great music from all my favorite artists and bands. Let me know what you thing of this list, and I will talk to you soon.

Best
David

No comments:

Post a Comment