Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Suspicion

So, my mom is one of those people who has almost no faith in humanity. Everyone out past 11:00 PM is a crook, up to no good or homeless. She believes in a lot of generalizations and stereotypes, specifically the negative ones, and she is quick to see the bad side of people.

I, on the other hand, am almost the complete opposite. Of course, there are times when I find myself falling into the stereotypical trap, but overall, I am the person who, when she sees someone out walking at 2:00 AM, says "they could just be walking to get some exercise because they are night owls and cant sleep."

I am also a believer in the goodness of humanity. I am only suspicious when given a reason to be. Down the road, this may just bite me in the ass, but I would rather get hassled by one criminal than treat everyone who is male, mid 20's and has tattoos as a dirty rotten scoundrel.

What are your thoughts? Do you see the world like my mom? Like me? I am curious to know what you guys think, how to determine if someone is suspicious and what actions to you take? Let me know!

BYE!

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment