Sunday, December 21, 2014

Chvrches

It is almost shameful that I have not written about this band before, as they are currently one of my favorite bands and well worth a post here on my blog. Chvrches, and yes, that is spelled correctly, is a Scottish electronic band that I have fallen in love with over the past few months. The band consists of Lauren Mayberry, Iain Cook, and Martin Doherty and currently have 1 studio album, The Bones of What You Believe which was released in 2013.

For some reason, Chvrches is a band that manages to check off just about every item on my list of what makes a great band. Their music is great, they are good live (according to my extensive YouTube research) and they seem to just be really cool people, (again, YouTube research!)

So why them over so many others? Because they are different. I honestly don't think there is another band with quite such a unique sound. Sure, artists like Owl City and Lights have an electronic slanted pop sound, and artists like M83, David Guetta and Madeon lean heavily towards an electronic sound. However, there is not, to my knowledge, another artist or band that really blends the two (vocal/pop and electronic) quite so seamlessly and in such a beautiful way.

The other reason that I like the band is because they seem very down to earth, recording their music in a basement studio in Glasgow, as well as being active on social media and proactively interacting with fans.

Also, did I mention that their music is really good!?!?

Enough chatter, here is some of their music for you to enjoy!

 



Thanks so much for reading, and I will talk to you soon.

- Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment