Monday, February 2, 2015

I Missed January + Radio Show?

So, yah.... January came and went, and I completely forgot to do anything with the blog! To be fair, I was busy moving houses and working, and I honestly just sort of forgot.

In other news, however, it looks like I will have a radio show for the Spring 2015 university semester! That's right, I jot a "job" at KSSU, the college radio station for my university. When the details are finalized (in the next week, hopefully,) I will post all the details here, as well as Twitter. As of now, it will be a 1 hour show every week, and will be streamed online through a service called TuneIn, for which there is a website and an app. (Links to come)

Needless to say, I am excited to get started, and because the station is free form, there is no required playlist that I need to follow. Instead I simply keep track of the songs that I play and can pretty much play whatever I want, as long as I don't violate any FCC regulations for broadcast radio.

Because of this format, I plan of playing songs from a variety of genres and styles, however if you read this blog, you may find that the majority of music that I listen to falls roughly into the Alt/Indi category - fear not, however, as I will do my best to represent as many varying genres as I can.

As I said, I will post an official "Radio Show Announcement" when the time comes, to let you know of all the details and where/when you can tune in to the show. Until then, thanks for reading, and I will talk to you soon.

- David

No comments:

Post a Comment